The Energy Policy Group (EPG) is looking for an early-career enthusiastic Communications Officer, based in its office in Bucharest.
EPG is an independent think-tank specializing in energy and climate policy, market analytics and decarbonization strategy, grounded in 2014. EPG is committed to promoting long-term decarbonization policies and actions across all economic sectors. Through publications and public events, EPG disseminates knowledge about the green transition and provides well-documented input to stakeholders and decision-makers. Its publications are freely available as research reports, opinion papers, and policy briefs. EPG’s conferences, roundtables and workshops provide a platform for informed discussion and expert analysis. EPG’s funding comes mainly from research grants, but also from sponsorships and membership fees.
The successful applicant for this position will contribute to solidifying EPG’s public image and will coordinate the dissemination of the research activities. Our current projects focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency in buildings, energy technology, industrial transition, strategic planning, carbon capture and storage, carbon pricing and social acceptability of climate policies.
The position is offered for a one-year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension to an indefinite-term contract. EPG welcomes applications from a diversity of backgrounds irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Romanian journalists.
- Identifying media opportunities and handling press inquiries.
- Supporting the publication of EPG op-eds, commentaries, policy briefs, and reports by verifying the formatting, copy-editing the documents, highlighting key messages, publishing on EPG’s website and social media, and disseminating to key national and EU-stakeholders.
- Managing EPG’s website and social media activity.
- Contributing to the writing and dissemination of press briefings.
- Managing and organising EPG’s contacts database and ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Contributing to the development of a communications strategy for the organisation.
- Organising and maintaining a communications calendar.
- Supporting the organisation and promotion of EPG events.
- Monitoring energy and climate media activity at national and EU-level.
- Assisting the application process for new grant proposals.
- Supporting our overall activity at the office.
Background and experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications studies, public relations, social sciences, or other related fields. A post-graduate qualification represents an advantage but is not required.
- No prior work experience is required, but it constitutes an advantage.
- A good track record of monitoring national energy and climate press and stakeholder engagement or access to a network of relevant experts constitutes an advantage.
- Ability to work in a diverse team of experts.
- Previous involvement in the organisation of workshops and events. Excellent command of Romanian and English, both orally and in writing.
You are a positive, proactive, and well-organised individual that is enthusiastic about increasing awareness on energy and climate matters.
You understand the need for reaching net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and are passionate about contributing to climate change mitigation efforts.
You are eager to participate in the dissemination of EPG’s work.
You are a keen team-player, but also capable of organising your own work.
What EPG offers
Full-time employment for a fixed one-year contract, with possibility of further extension to an indefinite-term contract. A competitive salary, in accordance with your previous experience. 23 days of legal holiday entitlement and a flexible work environment which allows working remotely one day per week. Opportunity to progress in your career path and gain valuable knowledge and insights on energy and climate policy. EPG also encourages the participation of its employees in training and education programmes in relevant areas.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is August 22nd, 2022 EOD. Interviews will be conducted before the end of August. Successful candidates are expected to start in September 2022. Complete applications in English should be emailed to email@example.com, mentioning the position you are applying for and your name. The email should contain a single pdf file with:
- A CV maximum of 2 pages
- A cover letter of maximum one page outlining your interest and motivation for applying
Incomplete application will not be considered. You must have the right to work in the EU.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to every candidate. If you have not received a reply within two weeks of the application deadline, you should consider you application unsuccessful.